We believe that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit and that God dwells in us. Read 1 Cor. 6:19. Because God dwells in us we need to take care of the body He gave us.
Below you will find recipes for healthy food and drinks that can easily be prepared. Try them and give us your feedback. Enjoy!!
Crispy Nutty Chewy Breakfast Cookie
• ⅔ cup ground flax seeds (flaxseed meal)
• ½ cup unsweetened natural almond or peanut butter
• ⅓ cup pure maple syrup, agave nectar, liquid honey
• ⅓ cup plain almond milk (or plain nondairy or dairy milk of choice)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Nuts (optional)
• ⅔ cup raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray the cup of a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir together ground flax seeds, almond butter, maple syrup, and milk, vanilla and cinnamon until well combined. Stir in raisins until just combined.
3. Evenly divide batter into prepared muffin cups.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or edges are golden brown and tops appear somewhat dry. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.
Nut-Free Cookies For nut-free cookies, use an equal amount of seeds butter (e.g. sunflower butter or tahini) in place of the almond butter.
Storage Tip Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Or wrap them in plastic wrap, then foil, completely enclosing them, and freeze for up to 6 months. Let thaw at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Serving size: 1 cookie Calories: 126 Fat: 7.4 g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 14.1 g Fiber: 2.4 g Protein: 4 g