The Scriptures are filled with instruction to sing praise to God, and Jesus sang hymns with his disciples. Philadelphian includes the singing of hymns, praise and worship songs at nearly every gathering – from worship services to all-staff meetings, retreats, camps and special events. Even some small groups sing songs together as they meet in people’s homes. While there are opportunities to sing at Philadelphian for vocalists at many levels of ability and development, we strive to maintain an exceptionally high standard of skill and professionalism with regard to our weekend worship services. Being asked to sing before the entire church body is an extraordinary privilege. When it comes to leading the church body in artistic expression, we look for those who have developed their gifts to a high level through study and practical experience. Many of the weekend musicians serving regularly on the platform are receiving ongoing training in their art form, and some are actively pursuing careers in music or performance arts.
- Gospel Choir – All singers are welcomed to participate in this traditional and contemporary gospel vocal praise and worship choir. The director is singer, songwriter, musician and producer Tim Williams.
- Perfected Praise Choir – Youth & Young Adult vocal ensemble. This choir provides contemporary gospel vocal praise and worship and is directed by gospel recording artist Renee Spearman
- Cherubs Choir – This is our children’s choir. All children ages 4 to 12 are welcomed to join this energetic and passionate singing choir. The Cherubs choir is directed by singer and songwriter Yolanda Monroe.
- Inspired – This is our contemporary adult vocal ensemble. The group is made up of 6 highly talented, experienced and anointed singers. This group is directed by our Minister of Music & Creative Worship, Elder Chris Jordan.
- Mighty Men’s Chorus – This group of all male singers provide primarily traditional southern gospel music. All men with the gift of vocal singing are encouraged to participate.
- Praise Team – This group of rotating anointed singers leads the congregation in hymns, praise and worship songs that set the atmosphere for experiencing God’s presence and love that hopes!
Creative Praise – There is no other ministry quite like our puppet ministry! Puppets are effective in reaching, teaching, and entertaining audiences of all ages. They aren’t just for kids. Everybody loves puppets! In the hands of our dedicated puppeteers, these foam and fabric creations can speak to us through song, make us laugh, make us cry, and share important Biblical principles in an effective and innovative way. The directors of the ministry are Lila Garcia and Michelle Royal.
Technology Ministry – These are our behind the scenes, unsung heroes that control sound, lighting, cameras and projection systems in our worship services and other special events at Philadelphian. There are several aspects to the Technology Ministry however the primary functions include Audio, Video and IT management. Audio opportunities vary but can include setting the stage as well as setting up and sound engineering for all weekend and weekday worship and study opportunities. The Video component is responsible for all pre recorded and live video at Philadelphian. Our team is staffed entirely by volunteers and their service enables thousands of people to worship and engage through sermons and other electronic media online. We are always looking for more team members for various roles and responsibilities. Although definitely helpful, no experience is required. Motivated individuals with a heart for cutting edge technical ministry are welcomed. The Director of the Technology Ministry is Donnell McCray.
Instrumental Ministry – Our anointed Levites provide instrumental praise and worship and set the atmosphere of Worship. The Instrumental Ministry accompanies the Vocal Team and supports and energizes the entire worship experience.